Monday, May 17, 2010

I've tried this 4 times now. If this doesn't work I'm giving up.
Sorry everybody. Hope the pics will work.

Thanks to all of you who have been lovin on my boys. You will never know how much we appreciate all of you. It is so comforting to know that they are being loved on while we are away. We've been able to skype almost everyday & it has been a lifesaver. I don't know how the parents in our group are doing it that haven't called but a couple of times. Thanks for keeping us up to date on what they are doing. It's great hearing about them.

Today was a pretty free day. Our lawyer went to the consulate for us & we all passed! YIPPPEEEEEEE. Our girls are coming home. Tomorrow we will go & take the oath after our morning "red couch" pictures are made. It should be a fun day. Today we did some shopping. It's been kind of hard because so many of the shops have closed. We have found a few to buy from. Tonight Shiyan was going to take us to the Italian restaurant that everyone talks about, but they didn't answer when she went to make reservations. We think it may have closed (boo). She said their business has been very slow lately. We are planning on checking tomorrow for lunch so I will let you all know. The construction on the island is for the Asian games that are coming. Everything is supposed to be done by Nov. When it's done it will be so beautiful, but by then the government will have driven out most everything. All the shop keepers talk about how they don't even know what the government is trying to do on the island. It's definitely different. It's really sad when you hear them talk about how they were forced to move to a smaller location or they gave alot of their building away to another business or how they just closed down their friend's businesses. "We aren't in Kansas anymore Toto."
Oh but a good thing about the Asian games coming - it's bringing more Western stuff over. We ate at the new Subway for lunch. It was delicious. And yes, I had lettuce on my sandwich (and yes, I prayed over every single bite as I shoveled it in my mouth.)

Andy's trying to get Miss Priss to sleep. She is worn out. She never took a nap today after swimming (she doesn't take naps, but I was hoping the swim would wear her out - instead we created a bear.)

Boys, don't forget to call Aunt Cande today & sing Happy Birthday to her. SMILE


No comments: