Saturday, May 8, 2010

What do you watch on TV while in China?

Well, I have to admit that Jet Lag must now be setting in. The group of us that came into Beijing early are WAY to giddy about everything. Do you how it is when you get so tired that everything becomes funny. Well we are there. Hannah Grace has been sleeping extremely well, but even so, we are still tired.

Yesterday, we needed a diversion from what was going on and I thought it would be interesting to see what was on TV. Maybe find a channel that had children's shows or cartoons, so I let HG control the remote. She skipped through most of the channels quickly like a well seasoned remote control user and finally stopped on what? Soap Operas. What!! Yes, apparently she has seen them before, because she began to point to the screen and began a lengthy explanation in Chinese of what was going on. While I didn't understand it, I imagined it went something like this:

"Well you see, BaBa, that is Joe and he is married to Sue but she is secretly seeing Bob who works at the store down the street. Kevin is their next door neighbor and he is running from the law for stealing money from his ex-girlfriend's father in law and his real name is Sam."

I know that is not what she said, but sometimes you just wonder. She is a delight beyond imagination. Today we went to the Great Wall and it was amazing. It was a long trip so we entertained ourselves with stickers. I never knew that taking paper and putting a little sticky glue on the back of it could be so much fun. While most people would put stickers on paper or some other surface, I have quickly learned that it is far more fun to cover yourself or someone else from head to toe with them. Hannah Grace has not yet been introduced to Facebook, so she has her own system of "friending" someone by stickering them with stickers of butterflies and flowers. It started with MaMa and BaBa and she quickly made her way throughout the bus sharing this great gift with everyone. When we arrived at the Great Wall, I was no longer sure if the stares that I was getting was for being a way to white boy from the South with a beautiful Chinese daughter or if it was the flower sticker that was hanging from my nose or the heart that was now on my ear. I am sure that all the stickers will not be found until my shower tonight.

I am having way too much fun and loving spending time with Charity and HG, but I miss the boys and the rest of my family. Just seeing them via Skype every day or two is not enough, but I know it is all part of the process. I love the fact that HG comes to the computer and says "Gie Gie" which means big brother. She loves seeing and talking to them and pulling out the pictures and calling them by name. It is amazing how quickly it seems as if she has always been part of our family. And in our heart she has. HG was born the time that we began this process. God had a perfect plan from the beginning and it is great to see it come full circle. Thank you God for making what seemed an impossible task at the beginning, possible through the power of prayer and faithfullness.

Andy

1 comment:

Tammy and Kevin said...

Wow! You must have sat right down at the computer when we got back to the hotel. I appreciate the reference in HG's story about the Soap Opera ;-)

Kevin